Online newsletter is a perfect tool for marketing and business promotion. The biggest benefit of a newsletter is that it helps you interact with your potential customers individually.
A print media ad doesn’t get equal attention from the viewers, but everyone pays attention to a newsletter in their inbox. Like every other marketing material, email newsletters should also be designed carefully. If you are not aware of email newsletter design rules, here are some useful guidelines for you.
- Use Images- People don’t like to read text only newsletters. Add images in your newsletter to increase readership. Use high resolution images of your products and services to lure the customers. However, don’t use large images, because it will increase newsletter loading time.
- Use Fresh Content- Always offer some current and exclusive news to increase conversion rate. If your customers see the same content in every newsletter, they will lose interest in your business.
For instance, if you are offering any discount sale or won an award recently for your services, inform the newsletter subscribers immediately. You can also share your personal achievements with the potential customers to prove your company’s value.
- Address Personally- Talk directly with your audience and make them feel special. Instead of writing “we provide this services”, try writing “you can get these services from us” to establish a personal relation.
- Use Logo- Newsletter is a part of your corporate identity design and logo is the flag bearer of your corporate identity. Hence, use your logo in the newsletter to make people familiar with your brand. Put the logo near header area to capture viewers’ attention immediately. Even if someone does not read your entire newsletter, he will notice your brand logo.
- Include Customer Written Content- When you say, “my company is good” nobody pays attention, but when a common man says, “x company is really good” other potential customers pay attention to his words. That is why; you should include customer testimonials in your newsletter design and earn potential customers’ trust. However, don’t add any fake testimonial, as it can damage your brand reputation.
- Incorporate Social Networking Links- Social networks are a perfect place for client interaction. These days, people talk about products and services in social media sites and take their friends’ suggestions. You should give your Facebook, Twitter and Google + profile links to increase your business.
- Give Your Website Link, Office Address and Phone Number- How can your customers buy your products/services if there is no website link in your newsletter? Never forget to add your website URL, office address and phone number in the newsletter.
- Don’t Give Too Many Ads- Some companies include third party ads in their newsletter, but it’s not an intelligent marketing move. Ads may increase your revenue, but they also distract the viewers. If you have to include ads in your newsletter, then don’t use more than 1-2 ads.
- Offer a Text Only Version- Some mail applications don’t support images. Hence, you should create a text only version of your newsletter as well. Make sure that the content is good enough to impress your target audience.
Following these newsletter designing tips, you can design an attractive and information rich newsletter. However, if you want an exclusive template for your newsletter, hire a web graphic design India company for the job.