As a seasoned graphic designer, you do not need to be told what an email newsletter is or why it is so popular. The importance for a business to use email newsletters as a means of communicating to their clients (both potential as well as existing) about the latest products, offers, market trends etc. must also be known to you. So, what’s new? Well, in this post, I will share some tips from my kitty with you about how to spruce up your newsletter design.
- Your objective should be clear: Know what you are doing, from the very beginning. What purpose you are designing the newsletter for? Is it for your own promotion or a client’s? Research as much as you can on the content because that will help you make your newsletter interesting to read. If you do not know what you are going to discuss, how do you expect your readers to know?
- Do not hesitate to customize the design: This is the age of customization. You are a designer. Show your graphic designing skills in the email newsletter. Do not depend blindly on templates. Customize them to show your creativity.
- Brand it well: If you are working for a client, include their corporate identity design in the newsletter. Create a header and footer design. This will make the newsletter look nicer.
- Keep it simple: Your newsletter design does not need to be intricate. Use plain HTML to make it readable for everyone. Also, your design should be created in such a way that everybody can understand what it is about. Refrain from using too much clip art, graphics, CSS and complex codes.
- Pay attention to negative space: Keep some negative or white space in your newsletter. It would help soothe the reader’s eyes, which will make your readers keep reading your newsletter.
- Images should evoke curiosity: Bring in images that catch attention quickly. But they have to be in sync with the entire design and content of your newsletter. As the saying goes, ‘A picture is worth a thousand words’, the pictures you use, should be memorable enough so that they can be recalled later by the readers.
- Put highlight boxes: Put them where the call-to-action message is. This would grab the readers’ attention instantly and lead them to, well, take an action.
- Offer something special: Hold contests, offer special prizes and likewise to make your audience look forward to your next newsletter. Be a little generous and you may just secure new clients.
- Plan the publication schedule: Decide whether you want to publish your newsletter weekly, bi-monthly or monthly and stick to your decision. Consistency is required here. Your readers should know when your newsletter is coming out.
You can find numerous newsletter templates on the internet. Show your skills in web graphic design India and who knows, you can get several new clients from it! Don’t forget to share your thoughts.