With the arrival of computers and the World Wide Web, things became so much easier than before. Technological development fueled the creativity of artists to a great extent. Then came digital painting and revolutionized the art industry, and graphic design was no exception.
Digital painting is basically art created using computers. In digital painting, an artist can create the same effects he can do on paper, such as charcoal sketching and watercolor effects. It also helps in creating artworks of various genres, such as Impressionism and Realism.
Digital painting can be done with the help of several software such as Adobe Photoshop, ArtRage, Corel Painter, Illustrator, openCanvas, Krita and GIMP that is useful for creating design concepts for video games, movies and TV. It makes designing a lot less time-consuming for a graphic designer.
Plus, there are some other reasons behind all the rage about digital painting. Let’s take a look at them:
- Costs less – Digital painting eliminates the purchase of color and other materials required for painting on paper. The two things that are required are a tablet device and a stylus.
- You can add variety to your work – When artists create digital designs, they can save the design separately in each and every step and create various results of a single design. Furthermore, they can choose from a number of painting techniques.
- Easy to correct errors – Mistakes are not uncommon in painting, but in digital painting, an artist does not have to go back to square 1 when there’s a mistake. All they have to do is ‘undo’ the error. Even, they can check their work history to find out where the mistake took place.
- Modifying becomes so much easier – Artists can modify colors, gradients, shapes, lines etc. with absolute ease in digital painting.
- Results appear real – The design output looks totally real. For online video game creators, it helps to keep the target audience interested.
- Using graphic designs online becomes so easy – When artists create a design on paper, publishing it online for others to see in their own convenient time can be quite time-consuming because artists have to scan the design and then edit it a bit and then publish it online. However, when they create designs using a tablet, putting it up online is a lot easier and quicker.
- Designs appear a lot more eye-catching – and not only that, digital paintings look a lot more appealing, detailed, clearer and sharper than paper.
- Digital paintings communicate better – Since they look so real, digital paintings can convey messages more clearly. The chances of misinterpretations are also eliminated with digital paintings.
- Have a professional look - Digital art, because of its translucency and realism, appears more professional than conventional paintings. And for a beginner in the industry of graphic design India, the touch of professionalism is very important.
- Versatile – Digital designs are immensely versatile. There is really no limit to what a graphic designer can do. They can print the design in small as well as big sizes, they can use it on greeting cards, on websites, business cards and even adjust the size of the design the way they want.
Have already made a digital drawing? Do you want to share your art with us? Please feel free to do so.